Computer Forensic & Video Imaging Workshop held on 20, 21 July 2017 at NFSA, Islamabad
Since 2006, NFSA has been providing forensic services to various Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), judiciary and government organizations across Pakistan. Moreover, NFSA has also been providing trainings to aforementioned departments not only to spread forensic awareness but also to equip them with latest criminal investigative techniques as, forensic science is a vital tool to fight lawlessness. Computer Forensic & Video Imaging Workshop was provided by NFSA on behalf of ICITAP from 20 – 21st July 2017, was also the part of this initiative.
- Fateh ud din B. Mehmood.
- Intelligence Bureau
- National Database & Registration Authority
- National Response Center for Cyber Crime
- Pakistan Air Force
- Pakistan Navy
- Ministry of Defense
- Forensic Science Laboratories Peshawar
- Punjab Forensic Science Agency
- Forensic Division Sindh
- Islamabad Capital Territory Police
Thrust of Discussion
- Investigation of digital forensic cases.
- Importance of digital forensics in solving crimes.
- Overview of computer related crimes.
- Acquisition, collection and seizure of magnetic media.
- Linux/Unix computer forensics and DD command, carving of files, data hiding techniques, forensic video analysis, understanding video format, setting a range of light, resolution and aspect ratio on video forensic tools etc.
The basic aim of this training was to establish working relationship, sharing the knowledge and capacity building of LEAs of Pakistan. The participants had chance to learn about the proper handling of data and evidences.
- Such trainings should be arranged time to time.
- The duration of such programs should be increased.