Forensic Awareness Program for Media Persons Training held on
03 May 2018 at NFSA, Islamabad
Since 2006, NFSA has been providing forensic services to various Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), judiciary and government organizations across Pakistan. Moreover, NFSA has also been providing trainings to aforementioned departments not only to spread forensic awareness but also to equip them with latest criminal investigative techniques as, forensic science is a vital tool to fight lawlessness. Forensic Awareness Program for Media Persons was conducted on 03rd May 2018, was also the part of this initiative.
- Muhammad Haroon Ahmed (PRO & Scientific Officer)
Thrust of Discussion
- Integrity of Crime Scene.
- Impediments relating to Crime Scenes in Pakistan.
- General misconceptions regarding forensic science.
- Role of Media.
- How Media effects Crime Scene and after Crime.
- CSI Syndrome.
- Handling, Storage and Life of Physical Evidence.
The aim of the program was primarily to raise awareness and dispel misconceptions about the forensic science. The basic theme of this program was not only to build a bridge between forensic laboratory and various govt. organizations such as ISPR, Sindh police, Kpk police ,Balochistan police, Punjab police, AJK police, Rangers, NAB and Media Personnel but it was also intended to end misjudgements about the capabilities and limitations of forensic science. The efforts of presenters were highly appreciated by all the participants. They found the program very interesting and informative. They urged that these kind of programs should be organised regularly.
- Such trainings should be arranged time to time.
- The duration of such programs should be increased.