Forensic Awareness Program for MLOs held on 07 July 2017 at NFSA, Islamabad
Since 2006, NFSA has been providing forensic services to various Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), judiciary and government organizations across Pakistan. Moreover, NFSA has also been providing trainings to aforementioned departments not only to spread forensic awareness but also to equip them with latest criminal investigative techniques as, forensic science is a vital tool to fight lawlessness. Forensic Awareness Program for MLOs (Medico Legal Officers) was conducted on 7th July 2017, was the part this initiative.
- Ahmad Farooq (Scientific Officer/Incharge DNA Section)
- Muhammad Imran (Incharge CSI/ERU)
- Nasreen Butt (MLO PIMS)
- Durdana Kazmi (CCMO Polyclinic)
- Muhammad Noor Baloch (MLO Police Surgeon)
- Various other Medico legal Officers (MLO’s)
Thrust of Discussion
- Evidence Requirements for Forensic Analysis and NFSA Evidence Receiving Unit (ERU)
- Common Problems related to Physical evidence and Crime Scene
- Common Misconceptions about Forensic Science
- Evidence related technical problems of DNA, sexual assault and explosives often faced by medico-legal officers
- Handling, Storage and Life of Physical Evidence.
The aim of the program was primarily to raise awareness and dispel misconceptions about the forensic science. The basic theme of this program was not only to build a bridge between forensic laboratory and the MLOs but it was also intended to end misjudgements about the capabilities and limitations of forensic science especially about DNA and Sexual Assault cases. The efforts of presenters were highly appreciated by all the participants. They found the program very interesting and informative. They urged that these kind of programs should be organised regularly.
- Such trainings should be arranged time to time.
- The duration of such programs should be increased.