Forensic Awareness Program for Prosecutors held on 14 April 2017 at NFSA, Islamabad
Since 2006, NFSA has been providing forensic services to various Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), judiciary and government organizations across Pakistan. Moreover, NFSA has also been providing trainings to aforementioned departments not only to spread forensic awareness but also to equip them with latest criminal investigative techniques as, forensic science is a vital tool to fight lawlessness.
Forensic Awareness Program for Prosecutors was conducted on 14th April 2017, was also the part of this initiative.
- Ahmad Farooq (Scientific Officer/Incharge DNA Section)
- Muhammad Imran (Incharge CSI/ERU)
- Muhammad Ajmal (Crime Scene Officer)
- Chief Commissioner Office, Islamabad.
- Special Prosecutors National Accountability Bureau Lahore and Karachi.
- Senior Special Prosecutor National Accountability Bureau Peshawar.
- Officials from Federal Investigation Agency and Islamabad Capital Territory Police
Thrust of Discussion
- Evidence Requirements for Forensic Analysis and NFSA’s Evidence Receiving Unit (ERU).
- Common Problems related to Physical evidence and Crime Scene.
- Common Misconceptions about Forensic Science.
- Legal aspects of court cases related to DNA, sexual assault, explosives, fingerprints and questioned documents.
- Handling, Storage and Life of Physical Evidence.
The aim of the program was primarily to raise awareness and dispel misconceptions about the forensic science. The basic theme of this program was not only to build a bridge between forensic laboratory and the prosecutors but it was also intended to end misjudgements about the capabilities and limitations of forensic science. The efforts of presenters were highly appreciated by all the participants. They found the program very interesting and informative. They urged that these kind of programs should be organised regularly.
- Such trainings should be arranged time to time.
- The duration of such programs should be increased.