Questioned Documents Awareness Program held on 25 April 2017 at NFSA, Islamabad
Since 2006, NFSA has been providing forensic services to various Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), judiciary and government organizations across Pakistan. Moreover, NFSA has also been providing trainings to aforementioned departments not only to spread forensic awareness but also to equip them with latest criminal investigative techniques as, forensic science is a vital tool to fight lawlessness. Questioned Documents Awareness Program was held on 25th April 2017, was also the part of this initiative.
- Muhammad Haroon (Scientific Officer Questioned Documents Section)
- Saad Hayat (Scientific Officer/Incharge Questioned Documents Section)
- Zumurad Usman Bhutta (Scientific Assistant Questioned Documents Section)
Thrust of Discussion
- What is Questioned Documents, Questioned Documents Expert and what kind of cases are dealt in Questioned Document section of NFSA.
- History of Questioned Documents.
- What are the various Laws regarding Forensic experts and Questioned Documents.
- What is substrate and how paper is manufactured.
- Various features of handwriting and signature analysis.
- Various equipment used in Questioned Documents examination.
- Accountant General Pakistan Revenue
- Controller of General Accounts
- Auditor General of Pakistan
- Federal Government Employs Housing Foundation
The aim of the program was primarily to raise awareness and dispel misconceptions about the Questioned Documents. The basic theme of this program was to end misjudgements about the capabilities and limitations of Questioned Documents. The efforts of presenters were highly appreciated by all the participants. They found the program very interesting and informative. They urged that these kind of programs should be organised regularly. The most important outcome was the influx of cases from the departments participating in the program.
- Such trainings should be arranged time to time.
- The duration of such programs should be increased.